Are you are thinking about selling your old home and buying a brand new home? Are you wondering if new construction is the right choice for you at this stage in your life? It’s a big decision, so it makes sense that you’re puzzling out the pros and cons of new vs. used homes. To help you make an informed decision, consider this list of reasons to say goodbye to your current abode and why a brand new home from True Homes in Charlotte might be the perfect choice for you.
- The choices are yours. Think back to when you were shopping for your current house. When you first walked through it, chances are good that you immediately started thinking about everything you would need to change – the paint, the floors, the kitchen cabinets and counters, the bathroom fixtures – to make the house meet your needs and fit your True Style. When you moved in, the work was just starting — and if you’re like most people, it has never really ended. When you build a brand new house, everything is done exactly to your specifications. The colors are the ones you picked out. The cabinets and the countertops are the combination you selected. These are your choices to enjoy, not someone else’s to endure.
- The floorplan meets your needs. Think back to the house you or your parents grew up in. The kitchen was small, closed off, and out of the way. The bathroom in the master bedroom was probably tiny, and so were the closets. It probably had a separate living room and dining room, and neither of them were hardly ever used. Today, everyone hangs out in the kitchen and master bathrooms are like spas. Formal living rooms are out and home offices are in. TVs are huge and they hang on the wall! With new construction, the floorplans offer the True Space we want.
- You’ll save a fortune on utility bills. It’s true. Today’s new homes are more energy efficient than homes built even five years ago. If your current house is 10 or 20 years old, you’ll be amazed how much less energy today’s new houses The energy codes have gotten more stringent, the new products are more efficient, and the building processes are more precise and sophisticated. All together, it means you’ll have a quieter, cleaner house that costs a lot less to operate. If you have any kind of respiratory ailments or allergies, you might be surprised how much healthier you feel as a result of better indoor air quality. And as a bonus, you’ll be helping the environment! Could you put these products in a used home? Certainly, but it will be much more expensive and disruptive to rip out old materials and install new ones. Can you imagine tearing out all your existing walls to update the insulation?
- Everything in a new house is new and under warranty. Have you seen the movie, “The Money Pit,” starring Tom Hanks and Shelley Long? They play a couple who think they’ve gotten a steal of a deal on their dream house. We don’t want to give everything away, but suffice it to say the house starts falling down around them. The owner is long gone and all they can do is start spending huge sums of money to put the house back to how it looked when they bought it. New homes in Charlotte — and all the products that go into them — feature all the latest designs, materials, and technological updates, and they come with warranties from name-brand companies. In the unlikely event something doesn’t work as it should, you have the peace of mind of knowing you won’t get hit with a big repair bill.
- Low maintenance. Today’s new houses are computer-designed and equipped. All the components are designed and engineered to fit and work together perfectly. The products used to build houses in a new home communities in Charlotte are made from cutting-edge materials designed to need less care and maintenance: quartz countertops that don’t need to be sealed every year, paint that lasts longer, flooring that more durable, shingles and siding that holds up to the elements longer, windows that stay plumb and seal tight. The benefit to you is that you spend far less time maintaining your home and far more time enjoying it.
- Safety. Safety features are built into every part of a brand new house. You’ll have state-of-the-art circuit breakers. Today’s electric garage door openers come with infrared beams that stop the door if a tricycle or child is too near. High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners use the latest environmentally friendly coolants. Cabinets, carpets and paints use fewer volatile organic compounds, so that you and your family can breathe easier. Manufacturers use a fire retardant in carpeting and in insulation. Plus all new houses are required to include hard-wired smoke detectors with back-up batteries in case the power goes out. These are safer and more reliable than battery-operated smoke detectors. Overall, you’ll sleep easier knowing your new house was built with your family’s safety in mind.
- The latest in technology. Virtually everyone today uses smart phones, laptop computers, and other digital devices. The day is long gone when families gathered around one television that only got three channels. New houses in Charlotte are designed and constructed to accommodate our digital lifestyles, complete with high-capacity wiring behind the walls and lots of outlets for charging devices. Retrofitting a used house to accommodate our technology is expensive, and often requires awkward work-arounds that never quite work the way they should.
- Amenities. New homes communities in Charlotte often offer a wide array of amenities, such as resort-style community centers, pools, fitness rooms, and clubhouses. Many new home neighborhoods feature walking trails, green space, dog parks, lakes, and may even have someone on staff to organize events. Plus, many new home communities are built in premium locations that offer the best schools and are close to great shopping, dining, health care, transportation corridors for easy commutes to jobs, and much more.
- Financing. New home buyers may be able to take advantage of mortgage financing perks made available through their builder. Builders may offer to pay points or closing costs or buy down the interest rate.
- It’s brand new. When you move into your brand new house from True Homes in Charlotte and you put a piece of fruit on the kitchen counter, you don’t have to wonder if the previous owner left raw meat sitting on that countertop. When you put your groceries in the refrigerator, you will know you are the first person to use that appliance. When you give your children their first bath in the tub, you won’t have to scrub the tub first to make sure it’s really clean because you know it is. You can walk on the carpets in your bare feet because no one else has ever walked on them.
These are the most common benefits people cite for selling a used house to buy a new one. If you think of any others, click here and let us know!